Effective Date: April 19, 2018
Updated: April 1, 2021
Websites Covered by this Policy
This Policy applies to the following websites:
- dwellworksliving.com and all subdomains
Privacy Shield Participation
Dwellworks participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Dwellworks is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (the “EU”) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List: https://www.privacyshield.gov/list. Our Privacy Shield participation applies to:
- Dwellworks, LLC;
- Dwellworks Destination Services, LLC;
- Dwellworks Property Advising Services, Inc;
- Dwellworks Property Advisors, LLC dba Station Cities; and
- Dwellworks Residential Services, LLC
- Dwellworks SAS
- Dwellworks Sarl
- Dwellworks GmbH;
- Dwellworks Relocation Services Ireland Limited;
- County Homesearch International Limited;
- Dwellworks Hong Kong Limited;
- Dwellworks Canada, Inc.;
- Dwellworks Costa Rica Ltda.;
- Dwellworks Mexico S. de R.L. de C.V.
- Dwellworks Australia Pty. Ltd.;
- Dwellworks Netherlands B.V.
- Dwellworks Netherlands II B.V.; and
- Dwellworks Living Pte. Ltd
Data Subject Rights
This Policy lays out the general data protection principles utilized by Dwellworks and general rights granted to you under GDPR. If you are a California resident, you may have additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act. Your Personal Information is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to:
- Request access to your Personal Information (commonly known as a data subject access request). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your Personal Information to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your Personal Information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your Personal Information in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the information's accuracy; (b) where our use of the information is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the information even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your information but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Information to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
The Information We Collect
When you visit our websites or interact with our organization, we will not collect any personal information about you unless you decide to provide information to us. Dwellworks does not share, sell, rent, or trade Personal Identifiable Information (“PII”) with third parties for their promotional purposes. You are not required to provide this information, however the services we can offer you may be limited without it. We use this information solely as required to respond to your request and to improve both the usability of our website and our user support procedures. The types of personal information we may collect at these pages include:
- Company name
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Services requested
- Moving locations and moving date(s)
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (“IP”) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
Collection of Third-Party Person Identifiable Information
The types of third party personal identifiable information we collect are name, company name, title, address, e-mail address, telephone number, services requested, moving locations, and moving date(s). We only use this information for purposes such as delivering services and if you opt in receiving marketing information and materials.
The Way We Use Information
We use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order to complete that order. We use return e-mail addresses to answer the e-mail we receive. We use aggregate information to better design our website, diagnose problems with our web server, and administer our website. For example, we may gather information telling us the number of individuals who visited a certain area on our website and the number of individuals who filled out a contact form.
We post customer testimonials/comments/reviews on our website which may contain personal information. We do obtain the customer’s consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us here.
Our Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We hold our employees accountable for maintaining the privacy and integrity of our customers’ information. We provide ongoing training programs that are designed to keep our employees informed of our Privacy Principles. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Privacy of the Very Young
We never collect or maintain information on our website from those we know are under the age of 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under the age of 13. In the event Dwellworks learns that a registrant is under the age of 13, we will take steps to ensure that that registrant’s information is deleted from our database. We encourage parents to actively participate in their children’s activities on the Internet and to educate children on the safe use of the Web.
At Dwellworks, we believe that our visitors own their personal information. We will always give our registrants a choice regarding how the personal information they provide us may be used. For example, during the process of helping our transferees and assignees relocate to new areas, Dwellworks may share personal information with carefully selected third-party companies, organizations and government agencies in order to facilitate an easy relocation process and give our customers access to local resources they might find helpful in their new location. Our customers can opt in or out of any data collection or distribution, although some services we provide may be limited. We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services.
If Dwellworks is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Dwellworks takes our responsibility to manage your information and protect your privacy very seriously. We have made the commitment to have our Privacy Policies and Practices audited by independent organizations. We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you have the right to make a complaint to the applicable supervisory authority in the EU depending on your location in the EU.
How to Control Your Information
Upon request, Dwellworks will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You can exercise any of your data right by filling out the form located in the “Contact Us” section of this Policy. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. We will respond to your request to access within one month.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as your file is active, or as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements.
Social Media Widgets
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, scripts, or similar technologies are used by Dwellworks for analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or wish to exercise your rights, please contact us at:
Phone: 1800 399 2626
Data Protection Officer Germany: www.datenschutz-stalla.de
Data Protection Officer EU/UK: email@example.com
EU/UK Representatives: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Compliance Office
1317 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44115 USA
Dwellworks reserves the right to amend this Policy at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Policy, we will post the updated notice on our website and note the date of amendment. Your continued use of our website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.